Wacky's Webkinz Newz
Welcome, Guest, to Wacky's Webkinz Newz! On WWN, you can win free Webkinz, trade Webkinz items,
chat with other Webkinz users, share Webkinz strategies, and much more! Also, please welcome our newest user, shrimpydoo15!
We currently have 500 topics and 4595 posts.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Eye Appointment on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 7:19 pm

I have an eye doctor appointment. xD



My added sprites:
View user profile

2 Re: Eye Appointment on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 9:27 pm

Do you wear glasses or contacts already?

I do. I need new glasses. They are all scratched up. I wear contacts too.

View user profile

3 Re: Eye Appointment on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 10:53 pm

I had my first appointment a few moths ago. Turns out I had 20/60 vision! I got glasses, and now the world is clear! I never knew until lately, when I can't read road signs. Laughing



hoodedwarbler12
Founder
Wacky's Webkinz Newz
View user profile http://www.wackyswebkinznewz.com

4 Re: Eye Appointment on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 7:24 am

I had poor vision..myopia for years. I wore glasses and contacts....and squinted a lot in between. I also had astigmatisms which made everything worse. About 7 years ago I had lasic (spelling?) surgery on both eyes and it was the best thing I've ever done for my life. Yes it is expensive. PLEASE, PLEASE. PLEASE do not go to the cheapest.....you will get what you pay for. Once you have it done you will see better for the rest of you life till some age degeneration takes place and you may start to need reading glasses. It is wonderful to wake up in the morning and be able to see clearly accross the room...not fumble for my glasses....for that matter I can get up in a semi-darkened room and see clearly also without having to turn on a light. The cost is more than made up for by not having to have new glasses, contacts and eye exams all the time......you don't need any ever again. Freedom for swimming, sports, all kinds of things. Think about it if you or your family can at all afford it....oh, you can get financing thru some of the places that do the surgery. It will change your life and I wish I had had it at your age because my life might have been very different.



View user profile

5 Re: Eye Appointment on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:37 am

crum98 wrote:Do you wear glasses or contacts already?

I do. I need new glasses. They are all scratched up. I wear contacts too.
I have poor vision, I wear glasses. I need new glasses.

hoodedwarbler12 wrote:I had my first appointment a few moths ago. Turns out I had 20/60 vision! I got glasses, and now the world is clear! I never knew until lately, when I can't read road signs. Laughing
Wow, really?! My vision is just blurry.

Mimi wrote:I had poor vision..myopia for years. I wore glasses and contacts....and squinted a lot in between. I also had astigmatisms which made everything worse. About 7 years ago I had lasic (spelling?) surgery on both eyes and it was the best thing I've ever done for my life. Yes it is expensive. PLEASE, PLEASE. PLEASE do not go to the cheapest.....you will get what you pay for. Once you have it done you will see better for the rest of you life till some age degeneration takes place and you may start to need reading glasses. It is wonderful to wake up in the morning and be able to see clearly accross the room...not fumble for my glasses....for that matter I can get up in a semi-darkened room and see clearly also without having to turn on a light. The cost is more than made up for by not having to have new glasses, contacts and eye exams all the time......you don't need any ever again. Freedom for swimming, sports, all kinds of things. Think about it if you or your family can at all afford it....oh, you can get financing thru some of the places that do the surgery. It will change your life and I wish I had had it at your age because my life might have been very different.
How much money? Shocked



My added sprites:
View user profile

6 Re: Eye Appointment on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:26 pm

It can vary but the last I heard here in California was $1500 to $1700 PER eye. If you have ANY kind of vision insurance plan, (VSP, Kaiser) they will pay most or all or it......and you can get financing, kind of loan specific thing that the doctor's office can direct you to. Look it up on line so that you will know all the pros and cons but keep in mind that though some people have had bad experiences its usually because they try to go the cheap route and/or use inexperienced doctors. Do your research and you should not have any problems.......most people don't.



View user profile

7 Re: Eye Appointment on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:29 pm

Yeegh! (My personal interjection again) That's a lot without a plan!



hoodedwarbler12
Founder
Wacky's Webkinz Newz
View user profile http://www.wackyswebkinznewz.com

8 Re: Eye Appointment on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:52 pm

It is and does seem like a lot of money. The good news is that you can get one eye done at a time and come back at a later date to do the other. You also have the option of doing your eyes for different 'strength'.....That is near, far, in between or mixed. If you want 'eagle eyes' for distance you may need to get reading glasses for close work or even computer work......though this prescription will not change until 'old age'. (happens to everyone) I got my eyes done in whats called mono vision. One is for distance and on is kinda mid for computer work and some reading.......but for very small reading or very close work I need to use over the counter reading glasses that you can buy at any dollar store...they just magnify a bit. Anyway, back to money....you can get reasonable finanacing where you pay like $150 a month or something.....then just do one eye for now.



View user profile

9 Re: Eye Appointment on Sun 19 Dec 2010, 10:24 am

Guest


Guest
I don't have blurry vision or need glasses, but i have a couple floaters if you know what those are. They are loose particles floating inside your eye that cast a shadow on your retina so it appears to as as a spec of dust is floating across your vision.

10 Re: Eye Appointment on Sun 19 Dec 2010, 9:17 pm

Boy!...thats annoying. How long have you had that?



View user profile

11 Re: Eye Appointment on Wed 22 Dec 2010, 4:26 pm

Guest


Guest
Since this July i think.
At first i didn't think anything of it and i was swatting around thinking there was a piece of dust in front of me Razz Then after a while it got super annoying.

My doctors appointment was today. I have 20/20 vision and my eyes are healthy (thank god it wasn't a detached retina.) well anyways I'm stuck with it now until it "floats" back out of my vision.

12 Re: Eye Appointment on Wed 22 Dec 2010, 4:45 pm

How awful! That would drive me crazy! It would be a nice distraction during class lectures, though.



hoodedwarbler12
Founder
Wacky's Webkinz Newz
View user profile http://www.wackyswebkinznewz.com

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Forumotion Footer:



© 2011 Wacky's Webkinz Newz

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum