Wacky's Webkinz Newz
Welcome, Guest, to Wacky's Webkinz Newz! On WWN, you can win free Webkinz, trade Webkinz items,
chat with other Webkinz users, share Webkinz strategies, and much more! Also, please welcome our newest user, https://wackyswebkinznewz.forummotion.com/u88!
We currently have 499 topics and 4525 posts.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

hoodedwarbler12

hoodedwarbler12

So how did the universe begin? Did an Almighty God create it with His words, or did a ball of super-compressed matter explode? And how did we get where we are today? Did nature begin like this, or did it slowly become what it is today?
This should be a fun debate. Start by stating your views, and then back them up! Have fun!

http://www.wackyswebkinznewz.com

Mimi

Mimi

First....Let me ask where you got the words you are using in parenthesis?? I have been around a long time and never heard those. scratch_______Then_____ the Bible says a day (can be) is like a thousand years to GOD (and/or) and a thousand years is like a day. That being said, if we look at the story of creation perhaps we don't have to take it in the sense of a literal 7 days.....or even 7 thousand days....as I believe that the scripture means that time isn't relevant to God. God made time.________All that being said I do believe that God created everything.

Owlstar

Owlstar

I believe it was made by the super compressed matter exploded... etc. I'm scientific, so I have different opinions on stuff.

http://owlsofmystery.canadian-forum.com/forum

hoodedwarbler12

hoodedwarbler12

Now Mimi, though I might agree with you, not everyone believes that the Bible is true. You have to have proofs besides that. But this is a Webkinz forum, so I'm not judging you too harshly. Catastrophism and uniformitarianism are the proper terms. I got to a private school, so we learn things like that. Owlstar, let's hear some proofs for a 4-billion-year old earth, just like Mimi! i'm saving my argument for later.

ladysnape

I believe in Evolutionary Creationism. I don't know if that's a real term, but I believe the Bible just condensed what really happened in evolution, down to a story that people could easily understand. And maybe the first people that we recognize as humans today were called Adam and Eve.

Mimi

Mimi

I agree with ladysnape. Thats what I was saying about time.....God created time....it doesn't mean the same to Him as it does to us...so the Bible puts it in a manner that we can understand as a 'quick read' for what was a long 'evolution'.....we could BE 4.6 billion yrs old.........anyway I don't THINK I believe it was 7 days.________As for proof......no one can give proof of anything either way........everything is a THEORY in the scientific world and as such can NOT yet be proven......so, I can state that I believe the Bible that says God spoke the world...or the beginnings of whatever started our creation...into beginning.
*******************************************************************************************************
Things change all the time and they come up with new words and ideas too........look they just recently demoted Pluto. All I'm saying is my grandkids just came out of a private christian school in the past 3 years after being there for many years and I never heard those terms.

hoodedwarbler12

hoodedwarbler12

Alright, I'll begin my young earth proof. The ocean is made of salt water. If the rates of salt flow into the ocean have always been the same, the earth can only be 24 million years old. A large catastrophe, such as a world flood, however, could greatly increase the salinity of the ocean, bringing it to today's levels. That is proof #1.

DogLUVR

DogLUVR

I believe in the big bang. God spoke, and BANG.... we have the universe!

Emma8432

Emma8432

I hate thinking about this.. Okay.... so it's kind of hard to explain it. I believe how the Earth was formed, I love Science and go by that stuff. But how did ANYTHING get here? Why is there such thing as space? Why should life exist? What is the WORLD? If there was no life, what would ANYTHING be?! There would be NOTHING. Life wouldn't be anything and no one would be anything... I can't even explain this! It's so hard to rap your mind around it. Just think of blackness, nothing there, no such thing as the world. JUST NOTHING. NOT EVEN EMPTY SPACE.

And then there's a spark that starts the fire. This is God. But then I thinks evolution takes over.. you know?

Sorry if I freaked you guys out.. just rapping your mind around a world- not even.. just NOTHING.

hoodedwarbler12

hoodedwarbler12

Well, we Christians can't wrap our minds on how God existed for eternity past. How is that possible? Only God can know!

Owlstar

Owlstar

I don't know now XD Emma, you confused me there... But I still believe in Evolution.

Mimi

Mimi

The biggest point of evolution (really) isn't how long it took but who or what started it. The FACT is that no one can prove anything......it is all theory and conjecture as to how it came into being. While it is true that we can extrapolate a lot of information on which they have based those theories...such as cited by HW...even that information can be manipulated to give the results that they want to see. Throughout history science and data have been twisted to meet the needs of whoever was in control at the time....I remind you of flat earth, and sun circling the earth as two examples. I was just in class last Friday with exactly this same discussion about the salt flow into the oceans to create the salinity levels of today and to shorten it up, the earth's age is 4.6 billion, by the current scientific standards......I'm not saying I agree with it....I'm just telling you that there is wide opinion as to the age of the earth and at university levels that is the 'going rate'.
********************Now, let's look at this in two parts. 1. How old is the earth? and 2. How did it begin? Where most people get stuck is thinking that they have to choose God, creation and 7 days or Big Bang, evolution, and millions/billions years, without anything in between.
*************************HW is more correct than he knows about the salt water and I agree with him. I will add more later but I will say that I believe that the earth is less than all these millions of years old. Also God spoke and created. There was nothing before He brought it forth...it didn't just happen. There is something greater than all of us and it is He that creates life. If you want to talk about a life with GOD you can PM me.

DogLUVR

DogLUVR

I love math and science. You would think that I would believe in evolution, but I believe in creation. Look at how precise the universe is. Let's go even smaller. The earth and how it is positioned perfectly for life. Not too far, not too close to the sun. Let's go even smaller. Look at how complex our bodies are, even smaller, look at just our ciculatory system. Even smaller....look at a single cell of our bodies and how it works. It's all way too complicated and precise to be an accident. How can an explosion create something like our universe, so precise, all the way down to a single cell. It all points to intelligent design. I'm not really good with words. I hope I got my point across. Happy

hoodedwarbler12

hoodedwarbler12

Exactly, DogLUVR!

Mimi

Mimi

You explained it wonderfully,DogLUVR.

hoodedwarbler12

hoodedwarbler12

I love to do this sometimes:

Universe
Galaxy
Solar System
Planet
Hemisphere
Nation
Region
State
County
City
Street
Building
Room
Organism
Organ
Cell
Organelle
Molecule
Atom
Proton, Neutron, Electron
Pion
Quark
Gluon

Owlstar

Owlstar

Great job to DogLUVR And HW!

Mimi

Mimi

Owl, why do you believe in evolution? How do you think we got here?

rfr0

rfr0

I believe in Creation.

Mimi

Mimi

ONE DAY IS AS 1000 YEARS

The child of God has learned from the Bible that the
language of Genesis 7 has a twofold meaning:

Genesis 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will
cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living
substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Historically, as God spoke these words, there were seven
days remaining for Noah, his family, and the animals to get into the
safety of the ark; but spiritually (and the Bible is a spiritual book), God was
speaking to all of the people of the world and was declaring that sinful mankind
would have 7000 years to find refuge in the salvation provided by Jesus
Christ. How can we know that? We know this is so based on what we read in 2
Peter, chapter 3:

2 Peter 3:6-8 Whereby the world that then was,
being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are
now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of
judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the
Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The context of 2 Peter 3 is extremely important! In the
first few verses, God refers us to the destruction of the world by the flood
during Noah’s day. Then we find an interesting admonition that we ought not to be
“ignorant” of one thing, which is, 1 day is as
1000 years, and 1000 years is as 1 day. Immediately following this bit of
information is a very vivid description of the end of the present world by
fire.

What could God be telling us by identifying 1 day along
with 1000 years?

Since we recently have discovered the Biblical calendar
of
history on the pages of the Bible, we find that the flood of Noah’s day
occurred
in the year 4990 BC. This date is completely accurate (for further
information on the Biblical timeline of history, please go to:
www.familyradio.com). It was in
the year 4990 BC that God revealed to Noah that there would be yet 7 days until the
flood of waters would be upon the earth. Now, if we substitute 1000 years for
each one of those 7 days, we get 7000 years. And when we project 7000
years into the future from 4990 BC, we find that it falls on the year 2011 AD.

4990 + 2011 = 7001

Note: When counting from an Old Testament date to a New Testament date, always
subtract one year because there is no year zero, resulting in:

4990 + 2011 – 1
= 7000 years exactly.

***************************************************************************************
This is another timeline for the age of the earth with a biblical basis.

Rainbow Zebra

Rainbow Zebra

I believe that God created the world, and then Earth was made by him. A meteor hit earth and then dinosaurs came and attacked what was beautiful. After the dinosaurs became extinct by God making a meteor hit again, he made plants and animal life start growing. So, in conclusion, I believe that both of the options happened together and created Earth Happy. The end!

Rainbow Zebra

Rainbow Zebra

Mimi wrote:Owl, why do you believe in evolution? How do you think we got here?
Yes, I agree with Mimi. How do you think we got here, a bunch of monkeys just magically appeared and fish grew legs?

Mimi

Mimi

Very interesting, Rainbow. I never 'heard' anyone put both theories together in that manner. Usually someone chooses one or the other. You could be the only one who is anywhere near correct.....be very interesting when we get to ask God how he really did it.

skylar2345

skylar2345

Creation(People who believe in Evolution don't agree with God)

I believe in creation Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Forumotion Footer:

© 2011 Wacky's Webkinz Newz

Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com