Wacky's Webkinz Newz
Welcome, Guest, to Wacky's Webkinz Newz! On WWN, you can win free Webkinz, trade Webkinz items,
chat with other Webkinz users, share Webkinz strategies, and much more! Also, please welcome our newest user, https://wackyswebkinznewz.forummotion.com/u88!
We currently have 499 topics and 4525 posts.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Country or City

Country or City? Vote_lcap43%Country or City? Vote_rcap 43% [ 3 ]
Country or City? Vote_lcap0%Country or City? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Country or City? Vote_lcap29%Country or City? Vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Country or City? Vote_lcap28%Country or City? Vote_rcap 28% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Country or City? Empty Country or City? Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:07 am

Would you rather live in the quit, peaceful, beautiful country or the loud, upbeat, exciting city?

2Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:13 am

hoodedwarbler12

hoodedwarbler12

Country by far! I lived on a farm from when I was 2 to when I was 9. Now, even though we live in the city, we live on the edge with the never-ending woods as our backyard. If you stay in the woods as you go east, they eventually become the Appalachian Mountains!

http://www.wackyswebkinznewz.com

3Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

cool Happy my house is surrounded by cornfields and a pasture (with an electric fence, learned the hard way Razz). If you walk all the way to the end of the cornfield directly behind my house, there is a creek, and in the spring there are tons of wildflowers growing next to it Happy

4Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:09 pm

skylar2345

skylar2345

I like both even though I like in the country!!!!!!!!!!

5Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

ninjakinz

ninjakinz

hmm...well...i dont want to live somewhere where there is no one else for miles around but in a rural area with lots of fields and horses would be nice Wink

6Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:02 am

Mimi

Mimi

I live in a very unique environment. I'm sort of in the country about 20 minutes from the suburbs part of a major city but.....this place where I live has a unique designation......technically it is a gated golf course community with 2 courses but it has been designated a wildlife preserve also. We have a lot of extra 'wild' land for hiking and 5 'small' man-made lakes for water reservoirs near a wild river. We also back on a wild life conservancy. We have custom homes set back on different size lots....not a rubber stamp type subdivision. There are few fences to allow the wildlife free passage and the fences we do have are wrought iron so you can see through them and only 5 ft tall so the deer can jump over them. We have tons of deer (some people complain when they eat their plants), wild turkey, quail, raccoon, geese in season, the occasional cougar, coyote and a family of bobcats under the bridge at the end of the 12th hole on the south. We have a 25 mph speed limit and almost everyone uses a golf cart to get around when here at 'home'. We have a small shopping center across the street with a post office, fire station, gas station, small grocery, Burger King, Chinese restaurant, Mexican restaurant, pizza, hair salon, fitness, real estate, and a few other things. We also have 3 churches. There are about 2500 households out here.....but we are about 20 minutes from 'real' civilization'................Its so safe out here most of the law enforcement live here (sheriff deputies, The Sheriff and past Sheriffs, correctional officers, highway patrol, etc. Most kids think it is kind of boring here because we are so far out but the homeowners association does put on 'teen' stuff down at our amphitheater at the lake pretty regularly. Its also kind of what you want to make of it.....we don't have a community pool yet....its coming next year....but a lot of people have pools already. Obviously, golf is a big thing here but they also have tennis courts and we have sports fields. The real attraction is the quiet, the wildlife and the wide open spaces yet still having neighbors somewhat close by...it really is unique. When you first come here (if you don't like country) you think its to far out, then after a bit you realize its not so far after all....you drive the same distance time wise in town but without the stoplights, traffic and the business/store scenery.......The neighborhood is unlike any other I've ever been in all over the world and I don't think I want to live anywhere else.

Last edited by Mimi on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)

7Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Sat 11 Jun 2011, 6:31 am

hoodedwarbler12

hoodedwarbler12

Wow Mimi, that's definitely the most descriptive description on here.

http://www.wackyswebkinznewz.com

8Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

Mimi

Mimi

Country or City? 810156456 I do tend to run on....probably because I don't have extensive papers to write anymore....I also love where I live.

9Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

Mimi wrote:I live in a very unique environment. I'm sort of in the country about 20 minutes from the suburbs part of a major city but.....this place where I live has a unique designation......technically it is a gated golf course community with 2 courses but it has been designated a wildlife preserve also. We have a lot of extra 'wild' land for hiking and 5 'small' man-made lakes for water reservoirs near a wild river. We also back on a wild life conservancy. We have custom homes set back on different size lots....not a rubber stamp type subdivision. There are few fences to allow the wildlife free passage and the fences we do have are wrought iron so you can see through them and only 5 ft tall so the deer can jump over them. We have tons of deer (some people complain when they eat their plants), wild turkey, quail, raccoon, geese in season, the occasional cougar, coyote and a family of bobcats under the bridge at the end of the 12th hole on the south. We have a 25 mph speed limit and almost everyone uses a golf cart to get around when here at 'home'. We have a small shopping center across the street with a post office, fire station, gas station, small grocery, Burger King, Chinese restaurant, Mexican restaurant, pizza, hair salon, fitness, real estate, and a few other things. We also have 3 churches. There are about 2500 households out here.....but we are about 20 minutes from 'real' civilization'................Its so safe out here most of the law enforcement live here (sheriff deputies, The Sheriff and past Sheriffs, correctional officers, highway patrol, etc. Most kids think it is kind of boring here because we are so far out but the homeowners association does put on 'teen' stuff down at our amphitheater at the lake pretty regularly. Its also kind of what you want to make of it.....we don't have a community pool yet....its coming next year....but a lot of people have pools already. Obviously, golf is a big thing here but they also have tennis courts and we have sports fields. The real attraction is the quiet, the wildlife and the wide open spaces yet still having neighbors somewhat close by...it really is unique. When you first come here (if you don't like country) you think its to far out, then after a bit you realize its not so far after all....you drive the same distance time wise in town but without the stoplights, traffic and the business/store scenery.......The neighborhood is unlike any other I've ever been in all over the world and I don't think I want to live anywhere else.

That sounds amazing Happy

10Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

Princess

Princess

What mimi said I live with her....................... she tends to give more info then needed...................I can't say I'm surprised Shocked Neutral pale scratch

11Country or City? Empty Re: Country or City? Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

Owlstar

Owlstar

I'd have to say... both.

The country is very calm, mild and very close to nature. Very quiet, not including the animal noises. You could go camping pretty much everyday! You'd probably know everybody in your town...

The city is very noisy, and busy! There isn't that much room there, but you can meet lots of new friends, and there's always new things going on!

http://owlsofmystery.canadian-forum.com/forum

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]